Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Blog Nepantla

blog nepantla #1:

As a child I loved the movie Grease. In my mind it's at least 20 times I saw it at the dollar movie theater, though it was probably four times (playing the songs and staring at all the little photos inside the double album cover is another story entirely). This was an early indication of obsessive behavior.

Obsession as worship
Time to move on

Blog as electronic bracelet, as monitor

I’ll go thru moments of summer lovin', longing, Betrayal, Who’s the real me, Until we meet up again.

Slave to the email.

Enjoying hard peaches as genetic trait.

Why do I care to explore that? No one wants to know except me.

Everything is labeled so private these days, and I admit I enjoy my privacy and the few rights we have in this area. I’m also aware that we live under the illusion of privacy as U.S. citizens. Snazzy grocery stores like albertson’s: I don't like shopping there cuz of high prices but also the record keeping, all my purchases in da big machine. If anyone wants the so-called “discounts” gotta swipe your membership card. If you want discounts, gotta be a marketing statistic.

Blog as electronic anklet.

Birds in the grass hopping, pecking, chirping.

Could I learn to love that white brick?

This air conditioned, manmade cave.

Where do flowers live?

I saw a man in a wheelchair selling watermelons and pineapples on the corner.

I miss the oncoming traffic of bridge pedestrians. I miss that continuous line like an artery connecting us. The river an organ that runs dry and tattooed by graffiti artists of all ages.

The 'criminal' mind. Charming.

I mean it.

Back to privacy. The family’s business was to remain private. The students you work with, their business is to remain private. What little time is left in the day? Bloglandia.

I’m hungry but don’t want to eat. That is unlike me. It is because I’m somewhere unfamiliar and don’t want to consume just yet.

Many of us want food made lovingly for us by strangers. The erotic nature of food getting. I want some food. I don’t want to make it cause it don’t taste as good. I love the way food tastes when it’s made lovingly, even between strangers who never meet or who never meat. Hah, hah, gotta ruin the mood like that.

My dream... The lion on a leash... fun and happy... me too... then the leash slipped free from my hand... worry filled me, the danger unleashed to others, including the lion. The lion was happier than ever... plans filled its eyes.

Before that--flooding...

Tarahumara chief
Significant other
House
Etc.

No comments: